Tuesday 18 October 2011

SICK.

When I saw the news of a 2 year old girl (Yue Yue) being run over by a lorry in China, being run over again by another lorry and have 18 passers by ignore her I was so traumatised, livid and upset. Are they even human?? I couldn't believe what I was watching. What set me off even more was watching the first driver run over the girl with the first set of wheels, hardly checks what he just hit and carries on driving, crushing the girl once more. It sickens me so much every time I think about it, seeing such a young girl just lie there with no one helping her, seeing strangers look at her and walk straight past. I know why the passers by chose to ignore the little girl, as one person wrote online: 'Would you be willing to throw your entire family's savings into the endless whirlpool of accident compensation? Aren't you afraid of being put into jail as the perpetrator? Have you ever considered that your whole family could lose happiness only because you wanted to be a great soul?" I just do not understand it at all, is that really the first thing you think of when you see a person dying?? Even though I am Chinese, I did not grow up there, so I do not fully understand their way of life, their politics and laws. But I am human, and the fact that these people did not show the slightest reaction apart from just stare for a few seconds from what I could tell completely baffles and sickens me. Yes, the parents shouId have kept an extra eye on her, but it does not dismiss that fact that you completely ignored someone dying in a pool of blood. I can go on about this for so long but I'll just keep venting to myself, I just felt I had to let this out somehow, without screaming about it constantly. I hope the drivers and the people who ignored Yue Yue feel deep guilt and pain for a LONG, LONG time. Thank you to the old woman who actually tried to help her, this reminds me that not all the people out there are heartless. I hope you make it through Yue Yue.


Quote and full article from : http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/17/toddler-hit-and-run-china

No comments:

Post a Comment